- Affiliate State Discount field included to access further savings. If you have not already received your state's NEW Discount Code, you MUST contact your state association.
- A person who meets their state requirement for the position of school social worker (MSW or BSW) and is actively employed by a public or private school or an educational agency.
- A person who meets the requirements for the position of school social worker and who is employed as an administrator or supervisor.
- A university faculty person involved in school social work instruction or supervision.
A person is eligible for membership if retired or unemployed. Retired / Unemployed Member shall have all the rights and privileges of Active Members. Retired members, however, are not eligible for free liability coverage.
- A person enrolled in a college level study of social work, with an interest in school social work.
- Students shall have all the rights and privileges of active membership, except for holding office.
- A person living and working outside of the US or US territories
- A person who meets their country's requirement for the position of "school social worker" and is actively employed by a public or private school, an educational agency, or governmental agency. OR
- A person providing or teaching social work services in schools.
- International members do not have voting rights, cannot hold office and are not eligible for free liability coverage.
- A professional person working in an agency providing services to children.
- Additional persons, if they perform similar functions to a school social worker and are authorized within their state to do so.
- Associate members do not have voting rights and cannot hold office, but will enjoy all other benefits.
Interested in joining the School Social Work Association of America (SSWAA) but not sure? Take advantage of our FREE Trial Membership for one month. You will then be encouraged to upgrade and join SSWAA. Be sure to sign in and look around the website. Check out Member Benefits as well as the extensive resources and information that are available. Note: Professional Liability Insurance is NOT INCLUDED in your Trial Membership but would be activated when you pay dues to become a SSWAA Member. (See membership details.)
If you have questions, please contact us.